Eagle Rock Mountain & Leisure Resort SOLD OUT
Situated in the South East of Europe, Bulgaria is a beautiful and unspoilt country, about 3 hours flight time from the UK. In addition to over two hundred kilometers of sandy coastline, Bulgaria has Europe`s longest ski ski season. It also has low property prices. No wonder more and more people are looking to buy property there. Borovets is near the capital Sofia, bustling city of fashionable shops and historic monuments. The Eagle Rock devolopment is situated on a wonderful site in central Beli Iskar, over the hill from which is Borovets It`s ground level is at roof height of near by properties.This means even ground floor apartments will have elevated views, and views that will not be blocked in the future. Beli Iskar is a sought after and attractive village, with lovely river running thought. To have the chance to acquire modern apartments, in the best location, with all the facilities of a leisure center to hand is an exceptional opportunity.
The development is centrally located in the Chamonix style village of Beli Iskar, commanding amazing unspoilt views over the mountains and village itself. Two international standard resorts are nearby (Borovets only a few miles away and Malyovitsa). For summer time, Bulgaria's largest inland lake, Lake Iskar, is just a 20 minute drive away. Here you will find private beaches and great opportunities for fishing, swimming etc. Access from the UK is easy with SOFIA airport only 1 hr away. Even you are not a skier, the beauty and freshness of the area will captivate you. Leave the stresses of modern urban life behind and breathe in the pure mountain air. Enjoy the sunshine, even in the mid winter.
Designed by a leading, Bentley Award nominated architect, Eagle Rock offers the Borovets area's very best apartment development on the area's most stunningly beautiful site.
All the apartments have balconies or terraces, and all have great views. The leading company who design the building, remarket that is very rare to have 360 degree of beautiful view Eagle Rock has. Opening the door to your balcony and stepping out in to the sunshine will be a special experience. Views fit for eagles.
Rentability of apartments in Eagle is greatly enhanced by the leisure center, the area`s only such facility. It offers swimming pool with sun longer area and glass walling, Jacuzzi, fully equipped gymnasium, massage and therapy rooms, sauna and steam rooms. And after exercise, relax in the center`s bar. Eagle Rock apartments vary from studios to one and two bedroom apartments, each carefully designed to give a comfortable living environment.
Large picture windows maximize the light and visibility of the beautiful.
The complex enjoys a most luxurious exclusive health club with its own:
- Indoor swimming pool
- Children swimming pool
- Full gymnasium
- Massage centre
- Steam room
- Ice Ring and landscaped gardens
- Private ski lockers
- Lift access to the apartments
- On site parking
- On site security
Having a separate store with your ski apartment is an important feature; it allows you to store items such as skis, saving you having to take them to your apartment (very important should you decide to rent) and many other items.
There are 49 available which all vary in size in price. They are located underground with both lift and stair access.
Maintenance - 8 Euro /sq m without VAT
List of services:
- Implementation of twenty four hours security.
- Supervision of repairs under the building guarantee;
- Payment of expenses for electric power supply and water supply of the common premises;
- Maintenance of the gardens around the building
- Cleaning of the alleys and the roads around the building area
- Cleaning of inside areas (including staircases, corridors, entrances)
- Payment of communal and garbage transportation fees.
- Cost of utility fees of the common areas is included in the price
The annual charge for using the Leisure Centre ( including the swimming pool, sauna and fitness ) is in the amount of 440 Euros or charge per visit at the reception of 7 Euros a day. Using of this three services – swimming pool, sauna and fitness are included in this prices tegether or separately.
Ready2rent furniture packs
- Single Beds standard option: 2600 €
- Double Bed standard option: 2500 €
- Double Bed luxury option: 3000 €
One bedroom apartment
- Single Beds luxury option: 4100 €
- Single Beds standard option: 3600 €
- Double Bed luxury option: 4000 €
- Double Bed standard option: 3500 €
Two bedroom apartment
- Luxury option: 5100 €
- Standard option: 4600 €
COMPLETION: November 30th 2007
Tenure: ENDLESS LEASEHOLD
To suit your financial requirements and to be flexible, we offer 3 types of payment plan at 3 different prices. It also allows you to make extra savings on these great value apartments.
Option 1: Normal payment plan (1,150 Euros/sq.m.)
- 1000 Euro reservation fee
- 40% on preliminary contract
- 40% till May 30th (interior work completed)
- 20% on act 15
Option 2: Deferred payment 10% on price 1,265 Euros/sq.m.
- 1000 Euro reservation fee
- 30% on preliminary contract
- 70% on act 15
Option 3: Larger first payment % discount 1058 Euros/sq.m.
- 1000 Euro reservation fee
- 80% on preliminary contract
- 20% on act 15
DISCOUNTS FOR MULTIPLE PURCHASES
- 2 apartments: 3%
- 3 apartments: 4%
- 4 apartments: 5%
Availability and prices, click here...
For ski locker information, click here...
- Reservation fees are not refundable if required stage payments are not made at specified times.
- Reservation fee is refundable and purchase will be cancelled without charge to the purchaser if apartment purchased does not fulfil the agreed specification.
One note on resales. It is perfectly possible for buyer to re-sell during course of construction and the Contract of Sale specifically allows this. These apartments are selling at cheap price and there is obvious scope to profit. A re-sale is before final payment, means first buyer will not have been registered as owner and therefore is exempt from capital gains tax (to the best of our understanding. Always seek advice of accountant)
One question buyers need to decide, is whether they are buying Freehold, or Endless Lease. With freehold, they will need to go to Samokov and allow us to help them set up a company and company Bank account. This will cost them 690 Euros for company set up (reduced from our quoted normal rate of 775) and they'll need to take 2600 Euros to deposit in their company account.
For Endless Lease, there is no limit on length of lease , so like Freehold in this respect. They just don't own piece of land under building. They save themselves 690 Euros.
But, in both cases, clients will need to go to Samokov before second stage payment to set up a Bank account there if they don't have one. (Only exception is buyer who sells on before second stage payment.) They will be picked up from Sofia airport free of charge and only cost will be modestly priced hotel or apartment.
For special discount rental offer to Eagle Valley owners, click here...
Finally, here is some information regarding the 'Super Borovets Project'. This project will be an engine of development for the whole area.
Super Borovets Project
A Brief Outline
The main aim of the 'Super Borovets' project is to expand the current resort of Borovets and turn it into an all year round holiday destination. It will incorporate the town of Samokov and the large village of Beli Iskar, thus transforming Borovets into a mega resort. The existing facilities will be improved and vastly expanded along with infrastructure. Around 300-400 million Euros is to be invested and the Bulgarian Government are the supporting the project. The 'Super Borovets' project has also been designed to help Sofia's bid for the 2014 Winter Olympics. If Sofia wins this bid for the Olympics, then it will be Borovets that will be hosting the games.
What new Facilities will be built?
- A 672 decare golf course is to be built which will include a large feature lake ( we have 2 plots near this golf course. They can be found under ref. numbers 158 and 159).
- one gondola connecting the town with Borovets and Beli Iskar.
- There are also plans to connect pure mineral water to the town and introduce spa facilities.
- Improvement of infrastructure
- Construction of shopping centres.
- Construction of family hotels. An area has already been designated for this.
- There will be 120 cultural monuments, 7 of which will be given national importance.
- A walking/biking trail will be built, connecting the town with Beli Iskar. It will be built alongside the Beli Iskar river and will cover an area of 2697 decares. It will be designed to look like a forest, so many trees are to be planted.
- Another eco trail will be built along Samokov's Bistritsa river and will connect the town to Borovets. The total area that it will cover is 1658 decares.
- Sports centres will be built. There will also be encouragement of such activities like fishing, horse riding etc since facilities for these will also be improved.
- Numerous ski runs to be built connecting the village to the present resort of Borovets.
- All roads in the village will be improved. The main Beli Iskar-Borovets road is to be expanded and improved also. New roads will be built.
- Two 4 chair ski lifts will be constructed to connect the village to the current resort of Borovets.
- An area just outside the village has been designated for the building of chalets. It is planned to have a capacity of 7000 beds. We have plots in this area as well.
- Activities such as 'mountain safari' will be started.
- Sports centres will be built. These include snow stadiums with facilities for children, indoor ski runs and sledging.
- Entertainment facilities will be built, which will include things like cinemas etc.
- The Beli Iskar river will be improved to make it more suitable for swimming and fishing. As mentioned above, a 2697 decare eco trail will be built along river, along with a forest.
- A big emphasis will be given to ecological tourism. Family hotels will be built here, integration with locals will be encouraged as well as the teaching of local traditions. In order to do this, activities and courses will be set up to for tourists to learn traditional Bulgarian arts and crafts, the areas folklore, icon making, woodcraft and traditional cooking. An art centre will be built to accommodate for this.
- New and improved snowboard runs.
- A brand new golf course. However, this will be no ordinary golf course. It will be built actually in the mountains and will have spectacular views over 5 mountain peaks.
- An enclave of exclusive luxury 5 star hotels will be built in the mountains.
- A new gondola will be constructed to take tourists to the luxury 5 star hotels. This gondola will also be connected with the existing one to make a huge one. This will be done high up in the Rila mountains and the views will be spectacular.
- Tobogganing facilities will be constructed. It is expected that the toboggan run will start outside the Rila hotel and finish just south of the Sokolets gondola station.
- A new reservoir will be built in order to expand and improve Borovets artificial snow making facilities.
- The lake next to the only apartment development going on in Borovets- Villa Snowdrop (ref. 168), is earmarked for development to make it suitable for swimming fishing etc.
- A number of swimming pools and tennis courts are to be built.
- Numerous more ski runs are to be constructed. - Borovets ski lifts and gondola will be improved and more are to be built. - A sports centre will be constructed.
- A new eco-trail will be built going through 4 mountains.
Will the 'Super Borovets' Project affect any other areas?
Yes, the project isn't just confined to Samokov, Beli Iskar and Borovets, it will benefit a much wider area. Other villages which will benefit include:
- Govedartsi - The road connecting it to Samokov will be completely improved. Extra activities and facilities for tourists will be added and existing ones will be improved to cater for the larger amounts of people visiting the area.
- Belchinski Bani- This spa village will be developed to cater for large amounts of tourists. The Belchinski Bani spa is already famous for its top quality spa facilities and mineral water so as a result, the planners of the project have seen its potential and want it involved.
- Lake Iskar - Current water sports facilities are to be improved.
- In the villages around Borovets, cultural tourism is to be improved. Conference centres are also planned to be built.
When does the Project start?
The 'Super Borovets' project is to be split into stages, the first of which is scheduled to start in 2007. Of course, property and land prices will rise dramatically- boosted even more with EU accession. However, we are seeing prices going up rapidly already and once the final plan for the Project has been decided on, yet another price rise can be expected. Therefore, we recommend for the purchase of property to be done as soon as possible. This area is set to boom shortly so don't get caught out and request our assistance in your purchase now.
Fantastic Ski Resorts!
The Times Online
Bulgaria is blessed with a number of fantastic winter sports resorts offering everything from skiing to snowboarding to ice skating for the beginner to the winter sports expert. The most popular two Bulgarian ski resorts by far are Bansko and Borovets. The popularity of Bulgaria as a winter holiday and sport destination has boomed and as a direct result there is an intensification of interest and investment in Bulgaria ski properties for sale either off plan or resale. This article offers an overview of ski properties for sale in Bansko and Borovets.
Borovets is closer to Sofia than Bansko, it is just 72km away and the resort is easily accessible. It is the oldest of Bulgaria's winter sport resorts and also the largest and most modern; although with the amount of investment going into Bansko it may lose this crown soon. The winter season lasts from December to April and accommodation during this period is hugely in demand which has led to a number of developers offering off-plan properties for sale in Borovets with guaranteed rental yield for a fixed period of between three and five years.
Borovets is more popular with the entire family, and also with all levels of skier from complete beginners to very advanced. There is plenty of choice when it comes to the winter sports available as well which adds to the overall desirability of the location - you have skiing and night skiing, snowboarding and cross-country skiing as well as ski jumps and ice-skating all available.
Wizz Air Increases Flights from Bulgaria, Adds New Destinations
Wizz Air will increase their flights on the Sofia-Budapest route due to high demand, the low cost air carrier announced Thursday. Just ten days after their first flight with destination Sofia, the company already plans to add one more flight a week, starting December 17, to the four already whizzing between Sofia and Budapest.
The new flight will arrive in Sofia Friday evenings and leave Saturday mornings, thus adding increasing the number of possible connections with London, Frankfurt, Malmo and Paris. It will also allow for a connection with a new destination twice a week - Amsterdam. Tickets start from only 1 GBP so why not book your viewing trip with us now!
Sofia Boasts "Good Chances" of Hosting 2014 Winter Olympics Sports
Bulgaria's capital Sofia has really good cghances of hospting the Winter Olympic Games in 2014, Bulgaria's Sports Agency Chief Vessela Lecheva said. Lecheva commented that seeing the sports base in Turin, where the XX Winter Olympic Games are taking place, Bulgaria will be able to provide such base. In Lecheva's words Sofia offers better premises and conditions.
Sofia is hoping to host the 2014 Olympic Games. Under the concept, the mountain pearls of Borovets and Bansko will focus the main activities to be part of the Olympic games. The key Olympic village will be built up in the outskirts of Vitosha mountain, just on the outgoing Sofia road running to Borovets. The capital city is planned to host a selected part of winter sports, including ice skating, short track, bobsleigh, sledge and curling.
The first phase of the assessment by the IOC will be complete by June 22. Until then a group of experts and representatives of international sports federations will thoroughly assess the qualities of each city's bid. Seven countries will compete with Olympics 2014 bids.
New Sofia Airport Strip Ready Mid-2006
The new airstrip for Sofia airport will be operational by the middle of summer 2006, authorities announced after Transport Minister Petar Mutafchiev visited the construction site on Wednesday. February 2006 was the deadline for the completion of the strip, but the construction would not be ready in time. Sofia Airport's CEO Kalin Barzov explained that the airstrip's composition was completed and 2,500 meters of the strip have been built during the past three months. It would be 3,600 meters long and the airplanes would lift off a kilometer earlier compared to the old strip. This would decrease the sound pollution significantly, Barzov said. The lighting and connections between the new and old strip are yet to be constructed.
The new airport terminal is also almost ready and it would be operational before the airstrip, probably in the beginning of the summer. When asked, Mutafchiev explained that all contract parties that are culpable of slowing down the construction works would be sanctioned.
December Brings World Vacationers to Bulgaria
The first international guests are expected to arrive to Bulgaria's Borovets resort on December 17, media reported. The major skiing spot has undergone infrastructure repair, and hotels and other public venues have been freshened-up. Hotels and villas have a total accommodation potential for 6,000 people, the Investor.bg website said Saturday. Borovets is one of the three most popular winter resorts in Bulgaria, together with Bansko and Pamporovo.
Beautiful Lake Iskar
IT'S a pleasant surprise how venturing a mere 20 minutes out of Sofia brings you into tree-covered mountains, refreshingly erasing any remnants of urban life from the landscape. There aren't many other capital cities I've been to from which you can escape the bright lights and be amid goat herders, fields and hills so quickly. These qualities have proved very useful in keeping entertained the seemingly endless stream of friends and family that has come this summer to find out what all the fuss on Bulgaria is about. This has meant rediscovering, or in many cases, discovering for the first time, some of the sights right on our doorstep which we didn't get around to seeing in our initial burst of exploration upon our arrival in Bulgaria, and which we have since become too complacent as regular Sofia dwellers to bother visiting.
The following are a few suggestions of places to visit within easy reach of Sofia, which serve well as part of day trips for visiting friends and family, or may be of interest if you are a visitor to Bulgaria and find yourself with a day to spare in Sofia and want to head out of town.
Moscow Eyes Bulgarian Ski Holidays
Moscow Eyes Bulgarian Ski Holidays Business: 6 November 2005, Sunday.
Bulgaria's holiday potential for the winter has attracted much attention during a specialized expo in Moscow. Russian airliners that took part have said that their catalogues for Bulgaria were quickly snatched up by visitors. Russia is also launching a new charter flight to Varna, it was announced during the Moscow International Ski Salon. Moscow-Varna-Moscow will take place every Thursday from November 17 until next April, and will be carried out by Atlant Soyuz. Bulgaria has been a traditional tourism hotspot for Russians, because of the relative proximity and low prices.
Golf grabs Bulgaria!
At the present time there are only three golf courses in the whole of Bulgaria: one at Elin Pelin, near the capital, Sofia, and two owned by Air Sofia. These are located at Ihtiman, opened in 2000, 40km from Sofia, and at Sliven, opened in 2004, 90km from the Black Sea. Because of the increasingly rapid rise in foreign interest in Bulgaria recently, several more golf courses are proposed. One of these will be located at Razgrad, in the north-east, about 90km from the Black Sea. More are scheduled to open in the next few years: two at Kavarna and one at Primorsko, near Sozopol...
Mountain and ski areas will be represented by a golf course in the ski town of Bansko this year, and a very large golf complex between Kostenets and Borovets, the country's foremost ski resort. This is scheduled for 2007, the year of Bulgaria's entry into the European Union, and will be located at Dolna Banya, already near Bulgaria's first golf course at Ihtiman.EUR 20 M Golf Course to be Constructed. The Dolna Banya course is only about 17 miles from Eagle Rock.
A new golf course designed by will be opened near the Dolna Banya town, located near Sofia, it appeared at a press conference on Tuesday. The golf filed of the complex "Ibar" which spreads at some 870 000 sq.m., will be 7071 meters long and will have nearly 12 km circumference. Preliminary data shows that over EUR 20 M will be invested in the project, whose construction will be launched in the autumn of 2005. The first nine wholes will be inaugurated a year later - in the autumn of 2006. The investors are planning to turn the sports place in a family orientated club. A special vila zone will be built near golf complex. A small 5 star hotel with 20 rooms and 10 suites and a spa centre will also be built near the golf complex. Some 500 new jobs will be opened during the construction of the project. Currently, there are three golf fields in Bulgaria - one in Elin Pelin and two others in Ihtiman and Slivan. The construction of another three golf fields is also being planned due to the increased interest of foreign tourists. One of the golf fields will be located in Razgrad and Primorsko.
Nicklaus Design enters into agreement for its first course in Bulgaria
The game of golf continues to expand to new markets all over the world, and Nicklaus Design continues to be the vehicle to introduce that game. The latest country added to the Nicklaus Design resume of 28 countries is Bulgaria. The Ibar Golf Club & Spa will be a Nicklaus Design course, featuring Steve Nicklaus as lead designer, and will not only represent the company's first project in Bulgaria but also its first in Southeast Europe.
"Though golf is not new to the country we are delighted that Nicklaus Design will be an important part of the foundation Bulgaria is building and the legacy they are creating in Southeast Europe," said Steve Nicklaus, Ibar's lead designer and vice president in charge of business development for the Nicklaus Companies.
Nicklaus Design officials, led by Executive Vice President Tim Kenny, were on hand Tuesday in Bulgaria for a formal signing ceremony with Ibar's executive directors, Kiril Nedev and Ilia Lazarov. Ibar will be located in Dolna Banya, about 70 kilometers from the capital city of Sofia. Currently, there are only two golf courses open for play in Bulgaria, and developers estimate that there are less than 500 golfers throughout the country.
"We at Nicklaus Design strongly believe that golf is a global game, and we embrace each opportunity we have to introduce golf or grow it in new countries and emerging markets," Steve added.
Dolna Banya golf course project schedule
First 9 holes
Second 9 holes
Golf In the Ski Regions!
Bulgaria's two top ski resorts of Bankso and Borovets are not the first place you would think you'd find a golf course. Well you're wrong! These two resorts are getting at least 4 golf courses between them! This more than rivals the coast and proves that the ski regions are really the number one places to buy in if you would like a top investment or an all year round holiday home.
There's skiing in winter plus both Bansko and Borovets are gearing themselves up to hugely boost and expand summer trade. Bansko has already started doing this very successfully and with the new Super Borovets project, Borovets will catch up very quickly.
Never has there been such a great investment opportunity in Bulgaria as there is available now in Bansko and Borovets, and the opportunity should not be let to slip by. For proof of the great value and potential on offer here, simply look at Spanish and Alpine property prices and then compare it to the bargain Bulgarian ones. The difference is huge but it will not stay like that for long. EU accession beckons in 2007, the Super Borovets project is to start shortly and investment just keeps on increasing. Now is the time to buy.
For even more information on this market leading community, please click here...
See new Eagle Rock movie here...